Sunday, September 23, 2007

Another "Quote"!

Cute litle baby hand! She has such long fingers! And her legs and arms are so skinny that the skin looks like it does on some old thin thin people where it just sags and wrinkles around the knees and such. So funny. She's so little! :)
I was trying to get a picture to show just how little she is. This diaper that she has on is the smallest newborn diaper you can buy in Mexico, and it's HUGE on her!
Here's her first bath, at home and this is the kitchen sink. She didn't even fill the sink. She wasn't loving the bath so much but her crying is so soft that you can't even tell much. :) Cutie!
Yawn!! Always sleepy!
Trying to get a self-portrait with the new baby Grace......I need to work on it more when I'm holding a tiny baby! :) lol!




So a few nights ago we had beets at supper. I had never made beets before, in my life. I didn't even realize that that's what they were when they brought them home from the store! lol! :) Anyways, Iris had me cut them up and boil them like you would potatoes only they take even longer to boil. And so I did, all the while thinking, "Hmmm, I don't know who's really gonna eat all of these (cause she had me make a whole pot of them) except for Andrew and Iris cause I sure am not and I doubt the kids will." So, I made them (along with the rest of the meal which included cheesy mashed potatoes) and we sat down to dinner to eat. So this is a conversation that followed!

Hannah: "Can I please have some beets mom?"

Iris: "Sure, just hold your plate up here."

Hannah: "Okay, here. Please, I want lots and lots and lots!!!"

Karisa thinking to herself: "What the heck is going on?! Kids don't like beets! I don't even like beets!!"

Hannah(about 5 minutes later): "Mom, can I PLLLEEAAASSEEE have some more beets?!"

Iris: "You need to eat your other food, first and then you can have some more."

Hannah: "Ohhhh! Alright." (said in a disgusted voice)

Karisa talking out loud now: "What?! I have NEVER seen a kid beg for beets or eat them up so fast as much as Samuel, Hannah and Josiah are!!! I cannot believe it! Let me try some of them, just to try them."

LOL! So, I ate some beets with butter and salt and they really weren't too bad (at least not when I was eating them along with cheesy mashed potatoes and meat. :) I even had some more today! Amazing, Mom and Grandma, I know! I just thought that it was so funny that these kids were begging for more beets! This was no joke either! :) I guess if you teach 'em young....:) Iris would grind up beets when they were babies (as part of their different baby foods) and gave them to the kids. So I guess they learned to like them. :) Maybe Joelle will love eating prunes even when she's older! :) Quien Sabe?? (Who knows?)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! She is so tiny. That diaper just about swallows her up. What a cutie! Congratulations to Andrew and Iris.

Leigh-Ann said...

No Kidding!!! Who begs for BEETS?!?! huh?!!?

Anonymous said...

That is a tiny baby! Looks kinda like a freakish alien... :P Maybe she'll be a piano player with her long fingers! Paul and Jessica's is cuter, though, no offense.

Begging for beets, screaming for ice-cream - I get it! Nice one. There's no accounting for taste, though, you know? Beets are purple, right? Like pickled beets? I've had those before, they weren't that great. Cheesy potatoes, though, hook me up!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Anonymous Chic here. What wonderful pictures. One reason she's so skinny is she didn't have the urteral time to add much fat. She's precious,her being as alert as she is reinforces that her due date was right on. I'm thinking she would fit well in doll clothes.:) The whole beet thing--here's my theory. Beets are a sweet veggie. Some of the sugar at the store is beet sugar. This paricular batch of Bornman young ins doesn't have a lot of exposure to sugar. So....I'm thinking that because they taste sweet and they are such a pretty color, they are a hit.?.?....Anyway, I like mine cooked w/ a little vinegar w/the salt and butter. YUM!, then as you probably found out, other "things" are a pretty purple/red color. By for now!