Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Quote of the day!

Isn't he so cute? I said "smile" and this is what he did (every time)! He kinda cocks his head to one side and smiles, slightly. :) He knows what to do!
At first he just pointed, but then he began to rip them off!! Such a little boy! :)
I was trying to be sneaky and take a picture of him holding my hand as we walked but he saw the camera and wasn't quite sure what was going on, but gave a half smile anyways. :)
Gorgeous stuff, hey?!



So yesterday morning and this morning Josiah and I went on a little walk while the other two kids did school with Iris. That way he doesn't want to get all up in their business while they're trying to concentrate and the house is quiet for them. So, anyways, we went on this walk and down by the River Royale (a different area of it) there were all these flowers (goldenrod I assumed)! Everywhere! It was so pretty. So of course, I couldn't pass up a photo shoot! Josiah was my subject and he did so good at it! :) The quote from this morning was from Josiah and this is how it went: (he doesn't talk very much but he's definitely learning and saying more and more!)

This morning Josiah was saying everyone's name and so I thought I would try having him say mine! Well, this is how it went:

Karisa: Josiah, say Karisa! Can you say Karisa?

Josiah: Tonta!

Karisa: Say Karisa.

Josiah: Tonta!


So, this is really how the whole conversation went. :) And in case you don't know any Spanish, Tonta means stupid! And it's even in the right form, female. You would say tonto if you're calling a guy stupid but tonta if you're calling a girl stupid! So, yup, he was sure that he was saying the same thing that I was. And I promise, he was saying Tonta, exactly! :)

6 comments:

Leigh-Ann said...

Hey Tonta :)
Lovin your pictures :) Glad theres so many! :) Josiah so cute :)

Love you,
LA

Anonymous said...

Hey punk, who you callin Tonta?! :) I'm glad you're liking all the pictures! I've been doing it just for you! (okay and maybe for my family and stuff too)! :) Josiah is a little cutie...but definitely a 2 year old, at times! :) Love you too LA-dra!

Anonymous said...

Thoroughly funny quotes! I actually read all of them! (but I skipped some of the small black text, like talking about taking pictures of Josiah.) I think that's super funny that he called you Tonta, and got the grammar right! Someone must've taught him that... I think you should start sniffing around for secret enemies...

Anonymous said...

Haha, I meant to name it 'Tonto', but forgot the t, and now I can't go back to edit it :P

Anonymous said...

So will you please tell me who Tono, Tonto and Papasito are?! I'm confused at who even wrote this stuff! :) I'm glad you're getting kicks out of a kid calling me stupid, though! lol!

Anonymous said...

What? Come on , Karisa. Apparently being too tired has made you "tonta"
Papasito?