Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The final stretch.

So, I realize I haven't written much lately and I'm so sorry bout that! I guess I'm just more focused on getting done what needs to be done and anxiously awaiting the day that I become homeward bound! :) I'm glad for this time here in Mexico and to help the Bornman's but I admit that I am also ready to go home. Ready to see everyone and get back to my "normal" life that I a lot of times take for granted. It's amazing how 2 months away from "normal" life can really make a person appreciate that "normal" life and long for it so much! I think that sometimes my family thinks that I hate "home" so much and that I am always just waiting for a chance to leave it, again, for a bit. I go so many different places (for leisure and other) and I really do enjoy it. And I guess I've given my family reason to believe that I don't like "home" enough that I just want to keep going. But being gone for 2 months (and when I was gone for 10 months to Winnipeg) makes me realize that I do not hate home. I LOVE HOME! Home is such a good place! It has my family and my friends, who I love so much! I can be myself with them and know that they will still love me and stick around! :) That really is a great feeling! And I just really enjoy being with them. It doesn't even matter what we are doing (or are not doing) but it's good just to "be"! I'm praying that this time, as I come back home and get back into my "normal" everyday life, I remember to be grateful for what I have at HOME! To be grateful that God has given me such a great family and friends and LIFE and to just be grateful for everything! God, help me to not yearn to leave home, for the sake of leaving, but for the fact of adventure and going wherever it may be that you're calling! Help me to show my love for "home", to the persons around me that I love and care about. Help me to be grateful for the great job (and awesome clients) that you have provided for me, faithfully! And help me to use the time I have at home to do more for you! Help me to be more willing to be your hands and your feet in the community where you've placed me! Help me to see each day as the blessing that it is, straight from your heart to mine, and to not waste it in yearning for other places! Use me, Father, right where you have me and help me to not miss out on every blessing you give me, daily! Jesus, help me to fully ENJOY every experience and "adventure" that you bring my way, right there in Goshen! Fill me with your joy, in all things, in the daily things, in the monotonous things, in the "normal" things and let that joy NEVER decrease!! Thank you, Father, that you never leave or forsake me and that you never give up on me, even when I seem to give up on myself! Lord, I just want to trust you, in the day to day and say THANK YOU!! Thank you for who you are! God of God's, Almighty One, Lord of Lord's, my Saviour, my Healer, my Strength, my Joy, my Love, my Freedom, my Guide, my Father, my Everything! And I trust you! Help me to not forget all of these truths! Help me not to forget, just who you are and God, would it go beyond a head knowledge (where I realize and believe it in my mind) and onto a complete HEART knowledge! I want to know you more! I want to know who you are and what your heart wants! Thank you, Jesus, for all that you are doing and will continue to do! And thank you that, when I begin to look "down" again, that you will lift my head and remind me of all the blessings that you are pouring down on me and how much you desire for me to be grateful and faithful in the little. Help me to do just that, Father! I love you so much!! Thanks God!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karisa, I love you and your openness. What a great pray, not just for you, but for all of us. I am going to print it if I can and keep it to remind me (and you if necessary) how much we have to be grateful for. Love ya, Kathy