Friday, September 7, 2007

What's new, you ask?

Yesterday morning Iris gave us a scare with a severely low blood pressure reading. This is their friend Suelle (and her hubby is in the room too) checking her blood pressure. They then went to the free hospital here in town to do some tests that Iris' doctor (in Chihuahua) wanted done. Everything seemed fine and the fetal monitor showed that the baby is doing good. So, Iris just needs to rest lots and make sure to keep her blood pressure up with drinking lots and eating plenty and continuing to take her meds! Only 9 more days until they go to Chihuahua to have the little bundle of joy! :)
I caught him, somewhat smiling, before he realized I was taking a picture! :)
At the river, walking on water. :)
I was trying to get a good shot of my tshirt. It's another one of my many goodwill purchases that I made before coming here. Anyways, it says 'Sisters saving Sisters'. I'm not sure exactly what it was meant for (maybe something about Nuns rescuing those wayward "sisters" of theirs and bringing them back to their right and holy purpose) but for me, it just makes me think about MY sister (and no, she doesn't wear a black habit!)! :) I love my sister so much.....she's my best friend so maybe we help "save" each other, on a regular basis, just for being there for each other! ???? Who knows what this shirt was intended for but whatever it was, it's doing me good now as a tshirt for Mexico- that just happens to make me think about my Sis! :)
So, these are 2 local policemen that Andrew is talking with out in the back yard. He was telling them of the "chicken thief" we've been having in the nights as we sleep. Even since I've been here, several chickens have gone "missing" and sometimes there's even been a trail of blood to show for it. One time the thief was so brazen as to even kill it and hang it up to drain the blood, inside the Bornman's chicken house!!! So, since you're not allowed to shoot somebody here, even if they're stealing your chickens, Andrew has now included the police in on it. So, I might have a nice policeman to sleep out there at night when Andrew and Iris go to have the baby. I'll have my own personal night watchman! Sweet! :)







So, a few other things that have happened recently. The other night I wasn't able to sleep to well (due to my partaking of a coke zero in the evening! Normally it wouldn't affect me so but I hadn't really had pop with caffeine for over a month so my system wasn't so used to it!) and as I was tossing and turning I thought I smelled something funny. I got up to use the bathroom, once, and realized that the smell was skunk that was very potent, outside! Well, I didn't think much of it because it happens at home too. I figured it would be gone in the morning (the smell that is). But much to my surprise and HORROR Negro had obviously been a stupid little dog that night and tussled with a skunk! HE RANKED! It was awful! I didn't truly know if it was him or not until Josiah went on our little walk, in the morning. Every time we go, the dogs come with us, which, as I've mentioned before, is our protection because people are afraid of black dogs! Anyways, the dogs were running along with us and every time Negro would run past us I got a HUGE whiff! Disgusting!! He got it BAD! And as if that's not bad enough, Negro LOVES to rub up against us all (especially me, it seems)! And he had no concern that he smelled bad and so nothing changed. He still tried to get all up in my space but fortunately I was able to ward him off (with sticks and buckets and such, throughout the day)! Today, a few days later, I don't think he smells so bad but I'm not about to get down next to him to find out, for sure! Geesh! Dogs!

Oh, another thing is I finished the book "Mrs. Mike" which is a true story about Katherine Mary who married Seargeant Mike Flannigan and they lived way up in the north, Canada, in the early 1900's! It's a pretty humorous story and is pretty good! AND, it got me away from all those little "And they lived happily ever after" fake love stories! :) LOL! Don't get me wrong, there are still plenty of books, at home, that I love and will still read but these ones here aren't quite up to par! :) So, I would highly reccomend Mrs. Mike to anyone looking for a good read! Now I've started reading "The Witch of Blackbird Pond" and it's really good so far!

Alrighty then, I'm off for now but I'll be back (in an Arnold accent)!! :)

4 comments:

Leigh-Ann said...

hey arnold ;)
its funny to me how people are afraid of a black dog, eh?!
does kristen read your blog?
i blogged a funny phone convo today... called "wanna laugh"...it's prime Karisa material :)

love you! :LA

ps. got your email. good stuff. no worries. all good. in the hood.

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWWWWW!!!! You are totally my best friend and I love you so much! I miss you more than anyone could know!! I need a copy of that shirt!:)

Anonymous said...

Aw, why are you being so mean to the dog? Isn't it bad enough that he has such an unfortunate name? I'm sure you don't smell that great either, being in Mexico and all... just keeping it real, you know... (I mean, in Mexico you probably smell fine, but if you flew back home today, or even to Winnipeg, you'd probably want to shower right away!). Where's the love? I'm sure Josiah didn't really notice that much.

Anonymous said...

Leigh-Ann, yes Kris does read my blog as you can see by her comment. LOL! And I haven't gotten a chance to read your "wanna laugh" thing yet but I'm going there next! :) I'm glad the email is good wit you but I want answers to my questions, dudette! :)