Friday, September 14, 2007

Blazing Inferno!

WHEEEWHOOOOO!!!!!!! I did it! I started a fire, all by myself! I'm a big kid now! lol! No, but really, I never really gave it much try since I first got here cause it just would not work for me! They said the wood was pretty damp though when I first came so that was part of the problem but I was sick of trying! :) Until last night, no one was around, so I thought I'd give it a go! And what do ya know?! I had my very own blazing inferno!! It was a great feeling! :) lol!
Ooooohhhh, look at those fierce lookin flames!
So, this is where I sleep. The bunk bed was put up several weeks ago so that Josiah can sleep upstairs too (since the crib will soon be occupied by another little one). This morning I decided that I need to start making myself get up when the boys do in the morning because it just makes me grumpy when I have to tell them to get back in bed and "shhhhhh! Be quiet" starting at 6 or 6:30am until about 7:45! So, I need to go to bed knowing that I WILL be getting up sometime around 6:30! Uuuugggggg!!! And yes, there are holes in the floor that if you're not careful, it might not end up so pretty! :)
Here's a view from the living room (at the bottom of the stairs) looking out and into the kitchen! See the lovely wood stove looming in the background? :) I know that some of Iris' family has been looking at my blog and so I thought you might like some more pictures of what everything looks like. So, who all really IS looking at this blog?! :)
Yesterday, this guy came by on his horse and the dogs went out to "greet" him with many mean barks. And this guy proceeds to take out his lasso and plans on dragging Amos down the path! This is the guy that did it once before and almost killed Amos (although he wouldn't readily admit that to Andrew)! So, Andrew went out (with a huge rock in his hands) to talk to the guy! And the guy was STILL trying to lasso Amos, as if Andrew wasn't noticing! This guy was a real piece of work!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who's Amos, and why was that guy trying to lasso it (assuming Amos is an animal of some sort)? I find this situation quite funny - can you expand on it?

Anonymous said...

I am also curious about who Amos is?

Anonymous said...

And...what were Andrew's intentions with the rock? :)

Karisa said...

LOL! You guys crack me up! :) Well, I thought at the beginning of my blog (or somewhere within) I mentioned the two dogs that they have (well 3 now because of the white puppy Pimienta). The older dogs are Negro and Amos. Amos is the older of the 2 and actually came with the Bornman's from Indiana. He can be a bit stubborn at times (you know how old men are!) and when horses go by he about has a cow. Well with this guy it's even worse because there was a time before, when the Bornman's weren't even home, that this guy came by and didn't like Amos barkin around him and so lassoed him and drug him down the road. If it wouldn't have been for 2 neighbor boys who saw this and recognized it as the Bornman's dog, Amos would have died. He actually was quite bad off after the dragging. So, needless to say, Amos does not like this guy very well at all! :) And Andrew had the rock in his hand in case the guy tried to still lasso Amos (which he was trying to do even as Andrew was standing there). Big rocks can be a good "weapon" ya know?! :) Any more questions my two lovely friends?? :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a pretty crazy old man! I wonder why he's going past the house every now and then anyway...

Yeah, I can be stubborn sometimes...

Ah yeah, I remember Pimienta and Negro, but didn't remember Amos.

Uh, no other questions, no. Or maybe except would Andrew have actually hit him or not?

Karisa said...

Oh Vanessa! How easily you make me lol! :) I do not carry rocks around and therefore have not used any (or really needed to). But I have gone on a walk by myself, out in this great expanse of Mexico, and so have taken a key, strategically placed between my fingers, in case I needed to swipe it across somebody's face! But I had no need to use it! ha! :) And I haven't seen them use rocks either, except maybe Samuel to throw at the dogs when they're doing something bad! :) And I haven't caught Hannah trying hard not to hit Josiah, recently! lol! :)

Anonymous said...

What if I bring a really big fake rock w/me? I can understand why Amos doesn't really care for this guy. The man probably shouldn't risk being alone w/Amos anytime soon, if ya know what I mean. The bed looks pretty comfy, and I can understand why you have to talk yourself into getting up in the morning. I am already thinking about this. See Ya

Anonymous said...

Don't bother with the fake rock, there's plenty of real nice big ones here for ya! And the bed may look comfy but let me warn you now.....it sooooo is not! It is actually the worst mattress I've ever slept on. They apologized to me because it's just a cheap Mexican mattress and I have to agree that it couldn't have cost more than $5! (okay, maybe more than that but I sure wouldn't have paid it!) :) Anyways, I've gotten used to it now, for the most part, but there is nowhere on the bed that you can lay without feeling the stupid springs jab into you! And I have plenty of "flesh" that should be padding but OH NO, it gets right down to the bone and grinds!!!! lol! Have fun! :)