Wednesday, September 19, 2007

More San Juanito Scenes!

So I decided to take some pictures, the other day, of the Carneceria to show you how different it is then where we would get out meat! But the big slabs of meat weren't hanging up like the first day I went there. Iris said that that only happens on the day they get the meat in but this Carneceria is really good at getting it put away in freezers, right away! Anyways, there wasn't any hanging meat but there was still some stuff sitting out. Mind you, there was no one working in the store at the time (the husband was off on an errand and the wife was a few stores down, helping watch another store) but the door was open welcoming anyone (including any bugs/flies)! lol! Just such a different world down here....but I must say I am more used to it now than I was 2 months ago.
Another picture of the meat shop. The red frame thingy, in back, is where the meat was hanging the first day I visited it.
Here's a full picture of a horse drawn wagon/contraption. I tried to get one the other week but we were too close so it was a blur (but you'll remember that that was the picture of the $ sign on the house, cause it was for sale, of course). :)
Oh, the cat, Princess Buttercup (can you guess who named her?)! She is no longer allowed inside the house due to the fact that she decided to make the floor, under my bed, her litter box! Yeah, we heard scratching one day and kept looking for what it was and finally found her (saw her upstairs, through the big "crack" in the floor/ceiling) and she was doin her business right there under my bed!!! I wonder if she figured out that I'm not too fond of her so she was trying to get back at me?! Hmmmm.......Anyways, this is her, staring me in the face (and doing her annoying meow) while I was doing the dishes one day!
This is how the back porch area is coming along so far. It's getting there but I don't think it'll be done before I leave. I'm not sure though, they could surprise me! :)

No comments: