Monday, September 17, 2007

The Baby is here!

I just wanted to let you all know that the baby, we've all been waiting for, the one that is the reason I came down here, has arrived!! Lydia Grace was born this morning and weighs just under 5 pounds! Yeah, small! But Iris has smaller babies, usually, anyways, and the doctor delivered Lydia Grace 3 weeks early (because of the problems Iris was having). So, I guess 5 pounds is about normal. :) And everything went fine, with no problems and Lydia Grace didn't need to be in the intensive care unit or anything. The word is not officially in on whether or not they'll call her Lydia or Grace. Samuel asked if he could call her Grace, for short, and he said that Andrew said yes to that. So, we'll see. Anyways, the baby is born and healthy and so is Iris! They plan to be released from the hospital on Wednesday which should get them home sometime in the night on Wednesday. It's just me and the kids so you can pray if you think about it. :) I'll write more later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

PTL! So glad to hear that all went well with Lydia's birth. We prayed for all of you in church yesterday, and I'm continuing to pray for you this week as you are left to hold down the fort by yourself. Hugs, Monica

Anonymous said...

I noticed Andrew referred to her as Grace a few times while we were talking... this may be a clue?
JMH