Sunday, September 2, 2007

Quote of the Day!

Okay, so it's more like 3 quotes from today but I'm thinking about starting a "Quote of the Day" post for every day that I have left here. There sure are some interesting things said in this household (as with any household, I'm sure)! :) Anyways, here are a few that made me laugh (2 of them hysterically) today!

Quote #1- Dad (Andrew): Why did you hit Josiah on the back?!

Hannah: Well, I was trying NOT to put my hand there!

Dad: Put your hand where? Did you hit him?

Hannah: Well, yes but I was really trying NOT to!

Quote #2- **side note** I took the kids and went down the street to a little store to get some milk and orange juice. Well, the only "orange" juice I could find I decided to buy, only to find out (after I bought it) that it was actually just a punch with mostly sugar and not much juice, at all. Well, these kids know that that stuff is not so good for you and they don't drink it much at all. They actually don't eat or drink sweets very often at all (Karisa has been bad for that in the past couple of days). :) Anyways, Samuel knew that we got some stuff that wasn't very good for you and this was him talking about it, as he was having a glass of the "punch".

Samuel: This stuff really is like a hole in the wall!

Karisa: What? What do you mean it's like a hole in the wall??

Samuel: Well, the other day Dad was talking about that little restaurant, in town, being a hole in the wall and I think that's what this drink is like!

Quote #3 (Overheard while Andrew was talking to Janet this evening, on the phone)-

"Our next door neighbor, Oscar's brother, may be a drug addict, BUT HE'S OUR FRIEND!!"


Well, there ya go! I don't know if you'll find them as funny as I did but it could be just one of those things where, You would have had to have been there! Anyways, I laughed pretty good at these (maybe I just had the giggles) but it made me think I should try and "capture" at least one quote a day while I'm here. We'll see what happens. :) Oh, today when we went to the store I bought a 20 oz coke for 6 1/2 pesos! That's less than 65 cents, for a 20 oz! Cheap stuff. It seems that the junkie food is a bit cheaper here than at home but all the other stuff isn't any cheaper and sometimes more expensive. Milk costs about 4 dollars and some for a gallon! And, it's not always 100% milk. It's often times partly powdered milk junk. Crazy, huh? :) And actually these could be some of the reasons that diabetes is such a HUGE thing here in Mexico. Hmm....

Okay, well, just so you know, I'm not gonna go and start drinking regular coke now that I gave up the diet coke/pepsi. I was just in need of one this evening and that's all they had. Like I said yesterday, if I have to have pop I'm gonna try and drink that Coke Zero stuff. But I don't want to drink it at all, really. Only in desperation! We all know there are DEFINITELY those times where pop is a NEED! :) Alrighty then, I'm off to bed. Until later!



No comments: