Sunday, September 9, 2007

Dang Flys!

The sky the other night was gorgeous but I didn't really take the time to make my camera capture the TRUE awesomeness! The part that looks white, in the picture, was actually the most bright blue ever!
So, this is the beer warehouse in San Juanito. I don't know what those trucks are for but once when I went by there was a semi parked there, unloading a semi full of beer. Andrew pointed it out and said that once a week, they get a semi, full of beer, brought here for the town of San Juanito. San Juanito has only 10,000 people living here and every week, that semi truck load is consumed by the people living here! To say the least, most peoples idea of fun, here, includes Carta Blanca! Now, there are plenty of people that don't depend on it (friends of Iris and Andrew) but there are more that do! Interesting. :)
Another attempt at an original self-portrait. I think I was whistling...what, I'm not sure. Maybe a song or maybe at an unsuspecting muchacho guapo alongside the road! ?? :)
The futbol field in San Juanito and some of the houses beside/behind it. I like Mexican futbol much better than American football! More fun and not so much brain damage! :)
Another part of the town. And if you'll look close, you'll see 3 horses, just roaming free. They're grazing on what little green they can find, downtown San Juanito! Now, that's definitely not a normal occurrence where I come from! :)




That's right, I said Dang Flys (for the title of this post) cause they are nuts!! There are so many flys, all the time here and Andrew says it's because of the pigs that are right next door to us! So maybe Dang pigs too!! :) Anyways, they get better at night, meaning there aren't nearly as many in the house cause it gets cooler at night so they go dormant. But in the mornings, most mornings, they are there again to WAKE ME UP!! YUP! Sure, the kids are always up before us adults and so I hear them, faintly, as I'm drifting in and out of sleep in the morning but what really gets me out of bed are the stupid flys that will not leave me alone! There's nothing worse than the "bzzzzzz" sound of a fly flying around my head and then landing on my face or head, to wake a person up in the morning! Okay, well I guess if it was rats or mice or even cucarachas (cockroaches) then that would be worse, but still, flys drive me crazy!!! During the day when we eat our meals, we are always having to shoo them away from our food and from everything! We've filled about 6 fly traps since I've been here and still they swarm around. Upstairs, the room where the kids and I sleep, you can see them as a cloud of black just swarming in their own little groups, during the day. It's nasty. But I'd rather them swarm around in their own little groups than bug me! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey girl How are you doing its been awhile since i heard from you or left you a comment on here Hey you say the flys are annoying well be glad its not misoquitos they are horrible here at my house when i go outside at night or even during the day for that matter i get bombarded by the annoying little suckers {i know i smell so sweet they can't resist Ha Ha} Well i hope everythings good on your end I'll talk to you soon
I love you
Crystal