Sunday, September 9, 2007

More sights in San Juanito!

I was trying to get a picture of this "wagon" pulled by two horses but we were too close to it as we passed it in the van. But what I did get is something else that I wanted to. If you look at the house/building in the background, you'll see a $ sign on it. Well, in Mexico (and I believe I saw this in Guatemala too) if you want to sell your house you just paint a big dollar sign on it and there ya go! Everyone then knows that your house is for sale! lol!
Blurry but you can see how these horses are just grazing, right next to the sidewalk, in downtown San Juanito, as people pass! funny stuff!
This is a bread truck. The name of this bread company, the one that is most widely known/used here, is Bimbo! Yup! :) That's the kind of bread that the Bornman's have bought (on the occasion they do buy bread) and it just made me chuckle. :)
Mmm Mmm good!! Well, I took several shots, inside this bag, before I got a nice clear one. But don't they look good?!!? We treated ourselves the other day when we went to the grocery store. It started by Hannah asking if she could have a sweet bread (from this case where all the "sweets" are) and Iris and I were not up at the counter where she was. Well, she then walks over to us eating a sweet bread! hmmm....the lady at the counter, Gladys, heard her asking for one and so got her one. :) Well, then we kinda had to get more for the boys and while we were at it, Iris and I decided we needed one too!! :) Well, when I finally ate mine (at home with a glass of milk) boy was I surprised! Not so good at all! Stale and not donut like either! Weird. Definitely not Dunkin Donuts or Tim Hortons! I could really go for one of THOSE right about now! :)
Here's Glady's newborn baby girl. She was born just last week and it actually took them several days, after her birth, to name her. Iris says that that's normal around here. Anyways, she was just hangin out (sleepin) in the grocery store while her parents (who own it and live right behind it) were working. I don't know how to spell it but her name is CyndiKay. :) I think she looks like her dad! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Re: The bread truck...As we were driving home from church today we passed that store on Lincoln Ave. (near the Christian bookstore) that caters to the hispanic population and I noticed a shirt in the window that had that same name on it. When I saw it I assumed that it was referring to what we as Americans would think when we hear/see that word. Now I'm wondering if it was just referring to bread. Hmmmm????

Anonymous said...

Lol! Well lets just assume that they were talking about bread! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Karisa. this is Cindy Schrock from church. just had to comment on the newborn baby girl's name since my name is Cindy Kay. :-)

love your blog!

Anonymous said...

Hey Cindy! Very cool! I didn't realize your middle name was Kay! I'll bet they named this baby after YOU! :) I'm glad you're enjoying my blog. It's funny because I keep finding a few more people who have been reading it and I never knew it. For awhile I thought I was just doing it for my Grandma and Mom but guess not! :) Glad you're liking it! How is everything in your neck of the woods?