Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Attack Turkey!

I thought I'd first share a few pictures from my time here in Mexico. I have SOOOOO many pictures that I've taken that I haven't put on the blog, due to lack of space and time. I've taken over 600 pictures since I've been here (but then again when I have a digital camera I am a picture takin fool, for sure, cause I know that I can erase them if they're bad)! So, I'll try and share some more of those pictures with you but they might be a bit boring. So sorry. I've taken a few pictures in the past few days (but not many at all) but at the moment the computer is not letting me upload them from my camera. We'll see if I can get that working here soon. Until then, enjoy some more of the "old".

Another picture from a walk to the River. Are you getting sick of these yet?
Hannah with the beautiful scenes out back of her. This was on our Sunday drive when I first arrived. She is always talking and singing of how she is a princess(note the scepter and the "robe")! lol! Sometimes she's right, though, when she sings "I am a princess of the Lord!!!!"
I think maybe I posted this picture before but in case I didn't, here ya go. It's Samuel and Carlos (a neighbor) swimming in the River.
I'm taking in the scenic view! lol!
AWWWWW, my sweet Joelle! This picture makes me laugh cause she's looking so confused and funny! lol! Can't wait to see how much she's changed in 2 months (although it's kinda sad that I missed it).




So this morning when Samuel and I went outside to feed the chickens and the dogs we were almost right in the middle of a Turkey/Amos fight! That's right! Amos was hanging around inside the chicken shed because he was hungry (one of the dogs obviously knocked down the trashcan with the dog food in it and devoured that and the cat food-sometime last night). Well, the turkey came in because she's been sitting on some eggs of the chickens that the chickens don't want to sit on. So, she's the surrogate mother! :) Anyways, the chicks that have hatched are now her babies and she's very protective of them. I think she thought that Amos was in there to cause problems so she went in after him. I've never heard an attack turkey but this one sure sounded like a cat hissing! Seriously! It was weird. And in case I wasn't quite sure that it sounded like a cat, it did it again! Scared the wits out of me and Samuel but we got out of there, QUICK! lol! Funny happenings at the Bornman "farm". Ya know, all this time here has made me realize, all the more, that I don't think I'd ever be cut out to live on a farm. Nope, don't think so! Too much manure (that's the "nice" word I use), of every kind, EVERYWHERE! And my foot ALWAYS seems to find it! So much so that I've now just gotten used to the idea that when I come inside I need to immediately take my shoes off or at least check the bottoms! Geesh! Anyways, farm life, uh-huh! As the song goes "Green Acres is the place to be! Farm livin is the life for me!" NO WAY! :) lol! I guess God could always change my mind and give me that desire but I'm not so sure bout that! I think I'll stick with the city! :) Although, I've always had a dream to live on/own a ranch out west in either Montana or Wyoming or Colorado! That has always sounded so great to me..... the rolling hills and beautiful wide expanse! And horses! I do love horses! I'm not so sure I'd love cleaning out their stalls but the horses, I like! Riding is great! Maybe it's all just a glorified view of ranch living, that I have.....I don't know. But anyways, there's a short story on farm life and Karisa Renee Oswald! :) Hope you enjoyed! Talk soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww...Now I also miss Joelle. Dont put those pics up, it is false advertising. You arent currently taking those pictures. I bet you regret the day you taught me to post on this thing!
I love you Karisa! :)

Karisa said...

Awwww.....who doesn't miss Joelle when they're not around her every waking minute of the day?! :) And false advertising my butt! Anyone knows that she isn't here with me to take pictures of! So, why don't YOU come here and try and stop me, lady! lol! And in no way do I regret teaching you how to comment! I LOVE IT! Love you! :)