Thursday, August 23, 2007

And the Doctor said.................

Here's the clinic that we went to in Cuetemache(the more correct spelling, I think). It was just my color! PINK! lol!
This is where we ate that I really enjoyed.....until later! :) Tacos y Salsas. YUM!
When we got into Cuetemache, on our way to the Doctor's, we passed this guy along side of the road selling aloe vera plants out of the back of his truck. So, for $2 Andrew decided he could use one!






(And The Doctor said)................."Well, everyone who has this sickness, dies." It's true, he said it! He was talking about how everyone of us will die, one day, of course! :) This doctor was such a jokster, he cracked me up! :) I really just need to get more brave with taking pictures cause I wish I would have taken one of him, to remember him. He was such a kind and lovable grandpa type and yet he really knew what he was doing/talking about! He said that I do have an infection (no blood work needed) and so he gave me an antibiotic to clear it up. I only need to take it for 5 days (possibly because I already took that horrible other stuff for 3 days) and he also gave me some nausea pills, to take morning and night, just in case this stuff does the same to me. But so far, so good, as far as nausea goes! He also said (amidst all his teasing of me) that this would go away on it's own, without an antibiotic, but that it would take much longer. You would want to do it that way if you were moving to Mexico, for good, or for at least longer than 2 months. So, I didn't have a need to suffer through it alone. This medicine seems to be my friend. :) Although, I must say that food is not! Earl Robinson has been known to say, "The sun is my ENEMY!" when the sun is really bothering him! Well, I now declare that "Food is my ENEMY!" Yesterday, I kept my stomach pretty empty, all day, so that I would hopefully feel okay until we figured out what I had. I had some gateorade and a very small amount of plain corn flakes and that was it all day, until after the Doctor's appointment. Well, then I was still feeling pretty good and was actually hungry so when we stopped to eat (Andrew, Josiah and myself) at a yummy restaurant (very much like Tacos Chihu- my favorite place in Chihuahua City to eat) I did decide to eat some. I did hold back though and kept myself from eating very much. And so it begun......as we went to a few grocery stores before heading home my stomach began to feel a bit more frustrated. Not too bad though. But then, towards the end of our 1 1/2 hour drive home, it got worse and worse! And let me tell you something (without too many gory details) we didn't make it home a minute TOO SOON!!! WOAH! The rest of the night was not so pleasant for me, in my making QUICK-RUNNING trips to the bathroom! So, therefore I now, at least for the next couple of days, declare food my enemy!! But don't worry, I am drinking plenty of water now because I don't have the nausea, like I did. :)

The Doctor said that this infection I have is just very common for traveling to a different country. He said that he would get the same thing too if he went to the states because all the bacteria's are just different: in the air, in the food, in the water....it's just different bacteria that our bodies aren't accustomed to! And I guess this is the longest time that I've been in Mexico therefore the reason, maybe, that I never really got sick on my other trips...I wasn't here long enough to be "exposed" enough. Anyways, no worries, I am on the mend and thank you so much for all the prayin! Our God is good! So Good!

Well, I think that's all for now but I will be back with more! Until then!

2 comments:

Leigh-Ann said...

what a weird doctor to say that... WEIRD!!

Anonymous said...

Ha! Yeah, kinda weird but he was so funny and made me feel so relaxed! Especially for seeing a doctor in MEXICO! :) I've heard some bad stories so I was just glad that God lead us to this guy, the right one! :)