Friday, August 24, 2007

Granny, git ur pen!

Grandma, that's right! I'm talkin to you! :) I have been thinking a lot about cooking as I've been here with the Bornman's. I've been doing most of the cooking here (except when I have been sick) and it proves my point that, I can cook as long as I have a recipe (and even some without) but that it's THE recipe that makes all the difference! I've been making some dishes that I'm sure would be similar to something you would make yet I don't know how you would season it. YOU ARE THE BEST COOK I KNOW (with Mom being a second close)! :) But you can't let it stop there! :) I want to know how you make things. When I call them recipes you say "I don't follow a recipe, I just make it to how I like it." And that's when I say, "EXACTLY! That's why you NEED to write down the way YOU make things so that I have a "recipe" to follow!" :) I want to be able to make food like you do, soooooo good! And sure, maybe I won't/don't use it now but who knows how soon I will have a family to cook for and will need to know how to make things yummy! And seeing as how you have SO many "recipes" to write down for me you had better get goin! I've been asking you for years, yup years, and you must think I'm just jokin or whatever but this is not a laughing matter, Gramms! :) And now that I'm not at home for 5 more weeks, what better time to get out your pen and start a writing?! No better time than the present! :) So, I know that you are reading this blog, faithfully and so what better way to reiterate what I want from you! :) I mean, you've already given me so much by being the best Gramms there is to have, but all I'm asking for is this one more little thing! :) hehe! And I'm gonna take it one step further........I don't know how many other people are actually reading this (as I have a few friends *cough cough* who only look at the pictures and skim the writing) but if you are a "reader" of this blog, I'm asking you to help me out. If you read this and agree that Grandmas should definitely pass down there "personal" recipes to their grandchildren then make a comment on here! If you don't know how to do it, it's not too hard. :) Just click on "post comment" at the end of this post (and a separate little box will pop up) and then type your little note in the box and check the box "other" and put your name in "name" and click on the button "publish comment". See, it's not so hard! :) So, if you want to help me out in this thing that would make me the HAPPIEST GIRL IN THE WORLD, then please show my Grandma that she should do this, by leaving a comment saying so. :) I would really appreciate it! This is an important matter and I just can't let it drag on any longer! :) I know we all realize that I am going to need to actually cook once I'm married with kids (I mean, until kids come along, is there REALLY a NEED for cooking?) and if I'm going to have to cook, I'd like to do it in the BEST way possible.....Grandma style! :) Thanks so much to y'all and especially to you Gramms! :) I love you so much!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Betty, I agree with Karisa. You need to write out those recipes. My grandmother use to make an awesome graham cracker pie. We use to ask her for the recipe, but she always said the same thing you say, "I don't use a recipe." Well, Grandma, is gone now and we no longer have graham cracker pies because she never took the time to write out here recipe. Foods are traditional things that need to be passed through the generations also. Anyway, that's my thoughts.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Karisa, I am so glad you are feeling better. I was concerned because I had not gotten an email from you, and only had time to check my email, but could not take time to get to your blog. Because if I did then I knew I would have to read it, and then I would be late for work. Anyway, God is still good.

Love ya,

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Ok grandma i got Karisa's back on this one too. She's right if you dont at least help us out a little bit on this one we cant even attempt to make as good as food as you do {not saying that if we attempt too it will be the same but we wont get the practice unless you help us out here} So do you have that pen in your hand yet!! Ha Ha!! WellI can at least say that you have helped me out with the whole roast thing and yes that did turn out good { but dont worry i am sure not as good as if your hands would of made it} anyways I got Karisa's back on this one so you better get busy before long well have all of us girls getting on you!! I Love you Grandma!!
Well Karisa i hope your glad i responded along with you. I feel the same way as you do. lol i=I am gald to hear you are feeling better. {Tony lauged and said only your cousin would take that kind of a picture}Dont worry I laid a good old fashoined smack down on him Ha Ha Dont forget I love you lots take care of yourself! CRYSTAL

Anonymous said...

What picture was he talking about?! I'm sure, whatever one it was he deserved the smack down! So thanks Crys! :) And thanks for backin me up on this recipe thing! But come on people, lets get more comments on here! Her name is Betty, if you want to make it personal! And if you want to make it like you're scolding her then call her Betty Ruth! She loves that one! lol! :)

Anonymous said...

Betty, you should write stuff down. While we are on the subject, I would really enjoy having your potato salad recipe!

Love, Vanessa