Thursday, August 2, 2007

I'm at my new home.....for August and September!

So, it's August 2nd and I am here in San Juanito, Mexico and I'm here, safe and sound. Andrew and Iris (the family I'm staying with and helping) picked me up at the airport in the big city last night. We drove home then, which took about 3-4 hours. I'm not quite sure because by that time (it was 10:30pm here but 12:30am in Indiana) I was quite out of it! But we made it home, winding through all the mountain roads at high rates of speed! :) I told Andrew that I trusted him completely, as long as I could keep my eyes shut! :) We made it home at about 3am which, again, would have been 5am Indiana time(the time I was still functioning at) and went to bed! The kids had stayed the night at their housekeepers house so they didn't come back home until about 10:30 this morning. So, we got to sleep in and I feel quite rested- at least as rested as 6 1/2 hours can make you! :) Andrew and Iris have a housekeeper that comes monday through friday to help out with dishes and sweeping/moping the floors (every day!) and other stuff. It helps Iris to be able to homeschool the kids and be able to focus on that. So, now that I'm here, Sonida (the housekeeper- who I think I'm gonna love!) will not have to add to her daily work by helping with Josiah (the 2 year old). That's now my job. As well as the cooking and other odd jobs. I cooked a bit this morning on the wood cookstove! Whewwhooo! I don't think I have ever actually had my thighs on fire but I now have a pretty good idea of what it would feel like!!! WOAH! I guess I knew it would be quite warm cooking on a cookstove but I never thought about the fact that my legs will feel like they're on fire themselves! I have to keep stepping back and rubbing out the "fire"...so that'll take some getting used to for sure! Also, I already made friends, or not so much, with their little kitten, Princess Buttercup! :) Just moments ago, she climbed up my legs with her dagger like claws and so as I proceeded to rip her off of me she sunk those suckers deep into my flesh! On my hand so now I will need to wear some rubber gloves or something while I'm cutting up the melon and pineapple so as not to spread "disease"! :) Oh, anyone who knows how much I love kittens..........you get the idea. :) Well, I've already taken some pictures and I'll see if I can get them on here soon.....if not right now. I will talk to you soon!

Karisa

No comments: