Saturday, August 4, 2007

Day 3.......

Well, I'm not sure if anyone is even reading this but I will keep writing because I'm sure that you will be checking here, regularly, Gramms! :) I love you! Anyways, today was a day full of work. It for sure didn't feel like Saturday....it just felt like another day at the job. :) This morning I actually got a bit sick to my stomach after rinsing out the 6th or 7th blow out diaper (cloth diaper) of Josiah's (the 2 year old)! I don't normally get queasy or sick to my stomach from stuff like that- I actually brag that I have a stomach of steel- but I guess today it just caught up with me. :) So, if you are praying, you can for sure pray that God would heal Josiah, completely! That would be awesome! Lets see, what else.....today it started raining a lot sooner than normal. It was about lunch time when it started to pour and it kept it up, on and off, until just about an hour or two ago(it's now 8:30pm here). Iris says that it's the rainy season right now and it has proven it every day since I've been here! When I was helping with youth group and we would come down here we would say that we always brought the rain- a sign of God's blessings- so I just figure God is really really bringing His blessing with me!!! :) And actually it's been quite cool today. I don't know actual temp but I would guess around 65 or so. I'm a bad guesser though. If I would have been outside long I would have wanted a long sleeve shirt on, at least, but I was in the kitchen all day with the wood cook stove so I wore capri's and a t-shirt and felt fine- even warm at times. Tonight at supper I got that whole "thighs on fire" feeling again! Geesh, I don't know how those pioneer women did it! They were some tough cookies, that's for sure! And at least I have wood to fuel my fire instead of cow patties like they used out west! Praise God! :)

Right now I am relaxing(first time today) at the kitchen table, alone in the house. I'm brave, I know! :) I'm in the middle of Mexico, way up in the mountains, and I'm staying by myself! :) The Bornmans went visiting tonight and asked if I wanted to come or stay. I chose to stay. My first alone time since I've been here AND I got to take a bath! First one of those too! :) I feel great now! :)

Well, I wanted to get some pictures up here but I can't seem to get the stupid computer to recognize my camera to download the pics. I took some of the previous bathroom door (a curtain) and the new one (a wooden one that Andrew made today)! Pretty snazzy! :) I'll try to get some new pictures up soon!

Okay, anyone who's wanting to pray that would be great! This is definitely a different lifestyle than I'm used to. God is my strength though! :)

Love to y'all!!

Karisa

No comments: