Friday, August 31, 2007

Post on my 31st day!

Josiah was showing me his pomegranate cause I'd never really seen one before or eaten one. They don't have much taste actually. Hmm, interesting the things I have to come to Mexico to "experience". :)
Iris may not be able to pick Josiah up at all but he still finds his way to his mama's side! He'll climb right on up when she's sittin in her rockin chair...and he's good at it!! :)
Oh, little Pemienta! She is a true ankle biter except tonight it was more like calf biter! This pic was taken a few days ago but tonight I had capris on and she kept nippin at my legs!! Little......cute puppy. She just doesn't get it sometimes. Eventually she left me alone, after I showed her enough attention (I guess) and she went to bug Negro! They are always rough housing together! :) This puppy is much cuter now that she's de-bugged and has some meat on her bones. And she's no longer that weird color gray. She's definitely white with a little brown on her back. Cute stuff! :)




So, today Iris had a doctor's appointment, to check up on her and the baby, in Chihuahua City (which is 3 1/2 hours down the mountain). The appointment was at 4pm, this afternoon, but they left at 10am because of the driving and many other things they needed to accomplish. Well, before they left Andrew said "Did Iris tell you that we might just be doing today what was planned to happen on the 17th of September?" I was like "NO! WHY?!" Iris has a c-section scheduled on Sept. 17th but last night she was having some pains and wondered if they would just keep her there, today, and take the baby now. It seemed like maybe the doctor would due to the fact that Iris is 35 weeks along and she is so far from the hospital with her doctor and all. They said they would call me and let me know. So, since this was unexpected, I got a quick lesson in how to start and stop the generator that charges the battery that "fuels" our electricity (which is the computer) and how to fill my little gas tank on the Coleman stove and a few other "quick lessons". Also, we hadn't stocked up on food so they told me I could take the wheel barrel down the street, close here, and get some things when I needed them. It's a little tiny convenience store with not tons but enough...milk, etc. And that if I needed anyone I could call (from their cell phone they were leaving me) a few different people in town. Whewhoo, what a wake up call in the morning!! :) Anyways, they finally did call me then, at 9:00pm tonight. Once they were finally done in Chihuahua. They are on their way home now. Everything looks great and she's still scheduled to go in on the 17th (as far as I know). So, okay, a weird day with not knowing what was gonna happen, but no need to fret, it's not yet!! :) But soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I'm back. Looks like you had a birthday. Happy (late) birthday!!
Awesome pictures!!! Beatiful!
How are you doing now? Over the sickness?
We received a little rain this week. A blessing from the sky!! It doesn't rain much here. It's been dry since June for the most part. Just a little shower every once in a while.
Now it is very humid!
Ok, now it's been a few hrs since I started this. Been working in the garden and washed my pickup and my wifes Suburban. Then visited with my big boss's wife.
Andrew picked peppers and tomatoes out of our garden this evening and is making hot sauce!! Yummie!

Take care.

Karisa said...

Hey, good to hear from you! Where'd you go? Or you were just saying that you're back, as in, back on the blog scene? :) Anyways, yes I did have a great birthday with awesome views! Glad you liked the pics. I am completely over being sick now so that's great! :)

So, do you even have a "rainy" season there or it's just dry all year round? And you didn't get hit very hard by that hurricane, then? But praise God for the little bit you did get! :) Humid is no fun at all though! I HATE it with all my heart! :) Humidity that is!

Your big boss's wife?? Is he a big guy or he's the big man on the totum pole? :) That's very nice of you to wash your wife's car....almost as good as flowers! :) Well, how did the hot sauce turn out then? Your boys cook? I'm impressed! Did they learn that from dear ol' dad? :) So, I'm guessing your stomach is back to normal as well then? I hope so! Well, Have a great labor day! Did you do anything fun?

Talk to you later!

Anonymous said...

That's a cute pic of that dog.