Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Better, but please still pray.

Hey guys, I just wanted to write and let you know that I woke up this morning feeling SOOOO much better! It was truly amazing and could only be accredited to God and your prayers! I did sleep on the couch all night so I didn't have to do stairs running to the bathroom all night long so I was achy from that because it's not a very comfy couch for sleeping. And I was also feeling weak but not much bad. But as the day has progressed I am again running for the bathroom and having mild stomach cramps. Definitely not as gut wrenching as last night....I felt like I would rather die at some points last night. But like I said, God definitely is healing me because it's not nearly as bad. So, if you could just continue to pray for our health (the whole family's) and that Iris and the baby continue to do good as well. Iris' blood pressure dropped really really low again a few days ago but since then she's been fine. And obviously Josiah is still battling his bout with that bug juardia (sp?) or whatever it's called. They say that if that is what I have that I don't NEED medicine to get over it and I would rather not take antibiotics if I don't NEED them so we'll see. If this continues much longer though I just may give in.....especially if I have any more nights like last night. Can I just say this: I would much rather be battling this crap at home in the comfort of my own bed (and bathroom) than here, in Mexico, where things aren't quite like I'm accustomed to and where I don't have much privacy when it comes to being sick. It's things like this that really make me want to go home but I know that I am here for a reason, and that God's not finished with those reasons (the main one being the Bornman baby isn't born yet). So if you could really help me in praying against the enemy and that God would strengthen me to complete what he's called me to do, that would be awesome!! I know that God is in this, very much so, but that doesn't always make it any easier. Grandma and Mom, don't worry. I am okay and feel much better than I did and will continue to feel even better. I would call you tonight but the connection has been HORRIBLE today so it would be of no use anyways. Just know that I'm okay and God is with me and it's not the end of the world. :) I love you very much!

Karisa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Karisa! I did LOL! I loved all the pics and stories. The giardia does need treatment. treatment in the states is w/Flagyl. I'm not sure of the generic name, and won't even attempt without a med book, cause mixups could be dangerous. Giardia is in the intestinal tract of raccoons, etc. Animals drink the water, spread it into the seemingly clean water and when we drink the water, it lives in us.:( Originally thought of as a disease you get from drinking from a mountain stream. It will go in cycles, so you may see improvement then worsen again. My mom had it once. and my friend, Marty. both lived up here and hadn't drank out of a mountain stream or anything. I'll never forget when Mom had it, she and I thought she had cancer she hurt so bad. My friend Marty lost a lot of weight, not a diet I would recommend. The had washing is a very good thing. I suspect you are getting it from some kind of intake. does the cook wash her hands? Let me know how it goes...docs up here don't let it go untreated and flagyl is not a typical antibiotic. There is a tropical storm headed for south Texas/Northern Mexico, due in around the weekend. It promises heavy rains, like 5-8 inches. I didn't know if you knew. I found being in San Jaunito like being in a media vaccuum, didn't know anything til I came out. Do you think it will be possible for me to hear the radio when I'm there? That would be sooo awesome. The kitchen looks like it rocks. It's so beautiful. I'm amazed at how far it's come! The picture of Iris was sweet. Tell her she looks good, and still caring that baby pretty high! :)