Wednesday, August 8, 2007

So, this is Hannah's parasol that she carried the entire way to the river and when they were playing in the water I decided that, seeing as how I'm not as brown as I once was, I might benefit from using it as well! So, that's just what I did! Hannah would say that that parasol was made for a princess.....so what does that make me?! :)
If you look real close and squint your eyes you can see the Bornman's house in the back of this picture (it's towards the left of the picture). I was trying to get a view of how far we walked to get to this river. But this picture was taken after we had already walked a few minutes away from the river. Don't worry though, Gramms, the two black dogs of theirs (Amos and Negro) went with us to protect us. Around here, in San Juanito, people are superstitious and so they are very afraid of black dogs, for some reason. So that's even more on our side for safety. :) They'll scare any predator away- at least the 2 legged type!



So, today is another warm one and it's starting to rain outside right now so I guess that throws off our (me and the kids') plan to go to the river. We said yesterday that we should make it a tradition and go everyday, when Josiah is napping. It definitely wastes some time and gets us out and moving. :) Not much else to add to this for today...oh except that Zonida (the housekeeper) is gone until Monday so that means I get to do her work (again) until she returns....so you can pray that I won't go nuts cause I feel like I make a meal, clean it up, make the next meal, clean it up, make the next meal, clean it up and then go to bed...only to get up the next day and start all over again. I am definitely seeing why they have the housekeeper to help because Iris wouldn't be able to get anything done.....especially home schooling the kids! Things just seem to take so much longer down here with preparations and cooking (especially on a wood burning stove). I have to keep remembering to keep the fire chocked full of wood so it lasts the whole time I'm cooking. And I have to continually fill the two big pots with water to boil (one is for hot water for dishes and the other is to have drinking water) and there's just so much to be done....I can't wait for Zonida to get back from vacation! I love her! :)

Oh, but Andrew is currently fixing the gas stove so hopefully I will soon have a gas range to do some of the cooking on....hopefully that will save some time and some fires and some fire legs!!! :) Well, it's starting to thunder out so I'm guessing a storm is a rolling in....I love storms during the day! Alrighty, until later!

Karisa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, Karisa... It sounds so refreshing to be there. My prayer for you while reading these entries is that you will be refreshed w/new and stronger desires for the Lord and what He brings to you. It makes me want to be there even more, and I wish Jenni could experience the river walk. I know she would like that, too. THanks for your pics. I am sure that your presence is such a blessing.your friend, Janet P.S. Say "hi" to the family for me! :)