Monday, August 13, 2007

These shoes have been where?






So, yesterday Samuel and I took a walk down to a different part of the River Royale and I all of a sudden was noticing all of the shoes that were laying everywhere. I mean, I've seen them before as we've taken walks and stuff but I guess I never really thought about it like I did yesterday. It doesn't happen too often but I guess you could say I was in a contemplative mood. :) So many different shoes, just abandoned out there like they were never important to begin with. But I'm quite sure that they were important, at one time. These different shoes have probably gone many different places and lived many different lives. Who are the people that wore these shoes and what is their life story? It also makes me wonder what happens to my old shoes. I may throw some of them away but more often than not I give them to Goodwill and then where do they go? Could one of my shoes possibly end up in one of these back trails of Mexico? I guess it's possible...all things are possible. :) Also, the other day when we went to the river (for the kids to swim around in the water) Samuel lost one of his shoes. We came back to where he had left them and one was missing. Our first thought was that maybe Negro, the dog, took one off somewhere. And then our suspicions were confirmed because we called Negro to come to us so we could see if he had it and he came, but without the shoe. But he soon picked up the shoe that was still there and tried to run off with that one. So, he was our shoe thief. And he must have taken it off a far way because it was nowhere around where we looked. So poor Samuel had to walk back home with only one shoe. And if you know Mexico, there is a lot of trash everywhere, including glass, so he followed behind me and I would watch for glass. If I saw some I would warn him so he could go around. Needless to say it took a bit longer to get home that day. :) But all this to say is that now Samuel's shoe is somewhere out there in the vastness of Mexico for someone else to trip over (or take a picture of) and probably never to be seen again by Samuel. So maybe all those other shoes I found weren't meant to be thrown out there but maybe some other shoe thief took them all out there to their death. And maybe that shoe thief is Negro.....hmmmmmm........no I don't think he would have enough time in the day for that. :) Who knows though.

No comments: