Monday, August 6, 2007

San Juanito's People!

Well, last night I went out, for the first time, with the Bornmans! It was a very pleasant evening and I enjoyed it a lot! :) We went to go visiting some friends of theirs but no one was home so we decided to drive through the town of San Juanito and have a looksee and then go a bit further out, winding through the gorgeous mountains and just have a scenic Sunday drive! Oh, how I love a Sunday drive yet no one at home seems to want to go with me very often. :) Anyways, we took some pictures and enjoyed the views and just had a nice family drive! It was good! Then on our way back home we decided to go back to the friends house to see if they were home yet. There names are Arturo and Suelle. And they still were not home. But Arturo's sister and her family were home (which is right next to Arturo's) and were outside so we chatted a bit. Well, it turned into a whole night at their house and more people continued to come (including Arturo and Suelle)! It was just a good thing for me to be immersed into the spanish language again and to be able to just sit back and listen and try and understand. :) I have to say that it does hurt the head after 4 hours of such listening! :) But it was a very good thing. I enjoy the town of San Juanito. We(the Bornmans) live on the outside edge of town so we have to drive a few minutes to get into town and I just really enjoy it. I love the spanish culture......it's just so interesting and different than Goshen (although that seems to be changing bit by bit- which I quite enjoy as well!).

Today I got to cut up thousands (okay maybe just like 50 or so) peaches because they were going bad and they needed to be cut and put into the freezer. It took quite awhile because I started as soon as breakfast was over and then didn't even finish before I had to start lunch! :) I really don't mind cutting peaches though. I'm realizing, even within the last 5 days, that I don't mind doing stuff in the kitchen, ie: cooking. :) I have to say though, that it would be easier to do so with a regular gas stove instead of a wood stove. :) Iris and I are slowly convincing Andrew to fix the gas range so that I can use that and not have to worry about never being able to get the fire started (it's harder than it would seem, especially with damp wood because of all the rain). :)

Well, I think that I might venture into town on my own today (plus 2 little interpreters- Samuel and Hannah) and get some milk, bread(cause we decided that bread makes things much easier for me for some quick meals) and diapers(we have been using disposable diapers on Josiah since he continues to have such bad diareah- it makes it less to clean up as far as not having to rinse the diapers out into the toilet. Praise God!). So, if we do indeed head into town, just the 3 of us, then I will for sure be writing about the adventure we had! :) The 3 gringos!

Until later!
Karisa

No comments: