Thursday, August 23, 2007

A beautiful.............mess?

I love the beautiful mountains!!



And once we were out of the mountains it was still just as gorgeous, in it's own way! This picture does it NO justice!




In driving to the Doctor's yesterday I was just in such awe at how gorgeous this area is! The mountains, the streams, the goldenrod, the openness of it all, it's just so gorgeous! Except when you look closer there is so much trash, everywhere! It's sad really and I'm not sure of the exact reasons but trash is everywhere you go! No kiddin! You couldn't walk through the woods without finding tons of "stuff" at your feet....well maybe you could in the really really unpopulated places but I haven't been there. But I must say that despite all the litter, this is a gorgeous place! And you know how they always say "One man's junk is another man's treasure!" ? Well, it's true at least for the kids! Samuel and Hannah find so many little "treasures" everywhere they go (a lot of times even just around their "yard") that it's amazing to me! They are always so thrilled by what they find too! So, I guess all that stuff laying around that to me seems like trash, is really an everyday treasure FIND (not even a hunt) for the kids! So is the trash really a bad thing, after all? Hmmmm....something to think about I guess. :)

No comments: