Saturday, August 11, 2007

Cinderella Man?

So, the past few nights have seemed a bit more Indiana like because Iris and I have watched 2 movies, once the kids are in bed. :) The first one was some artistic movie about some artist in the 1600's or something and it was so hard to follow that I decided to bail and head for bed before the end. But 2 nights ago we started Cinderella Man (with Russell Crowe and Renee Zellweger) and we finished it last night. We watched 1/2 the first night and then the rest last night cause it's over 2 hours long. Anyways, when I saw previews of this movie, back when it came out, I didn't think it looked that great and so I never saw it. I never had an interest to. But when you're in Mexico and there's no tv and not much light at night, you learn to appreciate that the laptop plays DVD's! :) So, we gave it a whirl (Iris had seen it before and really liked it). And I was quite surprised by how much I enjoyed it. It was surely a tear jerker and I think I needed that. :) It was set in the depression and it gave such a real picture of it, more than I've ever seen before. Man, the depression was totally depressing! But Russell Crowe made it a little nicer (in this movie) because he's not so bad to look at! HA! :)

Let's see what else I can tell you about. Oh, Josiah is now sleeping upstairs with the other two kids and myself. Andrew put up the bunk bed that has a double bed on the bottom and then a single one on the top. So Samuel and Josiah are sleeping on the double bed. And I'm quite impressed at how quickly Josiah has taken to sleeping upstairs and in a different bed. I'm sure it helps that he gets to sleep with his big brother. :) And I'm glad it's been an easy transition because I'm only about a foot or two from their bed so if he would be waking up in the night and getting up and stuff, it would mean less restful sleep for me. But it's all good! Yay for Josiah! :) The Mexicans call him Rogilio because his name is really Roger Josiah but Andrew and Iris wanted to call him Josiah....but Roger in spanish sounds much better than Josiah in spanish. :)

I'm getting a bit of time to myself again tonight and so it's good. They went to another family's house for the evening and so I opted to stay here. I took a lukewarm bath and made myself some beans and a quesadilla and am enjoying listening to PulseFM on the net as I do this! It's funny how when I'm driving in the car (at home) many of these songs I get so sick of that I turn it and eventually turn a cd on. But when I'm here it's a kinda nice connection to home and the songs don't make me mad. I get mad because the radio stations play the same songs over and over and over again!! AHHHH! Anyways, I'm enjoying my evening. And actually we all had baths last night (because we had company stop in on Thursday- a normal bath night) so tonight I decided to take a lukewarm one (filled the tub with cold water and then boiled a huge pot of water and poured that in) and it was kinda nice. A bath 2 days in a row! :)

Well, I think I'm going to sign off for now and I hope that you are all doing well without me. I know it's hard to not have so much of Karisa, but God will see you through it for sure! :) LOL! Ha! I crack myself up! :) If you have a minute and want to write me an email (or a comment) that would surely make my day! I will talk at ya later then!

Karisa

1 comment:

Leigh-Ann said...

member roberto... hahaha.