Monday, August 20, 2007

What a weekend!

Well, the weekend has passed and boy what a weekend it was! Not one that I'd readily choose to, as we used to say in elementary school when we thought the results weren't fair, 'do over'!!! I have been sick since Tuesday the 14th and just now am beginning to feel myself again. Phewhoo! (In case you didn't get that, that was a sigh of relief.) :) They do still think that I had some sort of bug like giardia since that's what Josiah had and I'd been changing his diapers and all for 2 weeks. But today when the lady tested my "specimen" she said there were NO signs of amoebas or giardia or anything of the sort. (She did say that I should rest for 3 days and hopefully by then it'll be better. She said if it's not then we can take a blood sample. I'm sure I'll be fine but as of right now, I would greatly appreciate the 3 days of rest seeing as how I'm still not feeling 100%. My stomach pains come and go but aren't nearly as bad as they had been and the nausea is almost completely gone.) She said that the medicine I had been taking was "muy fuerte!" meaning very strong and probably just wiped it all out of me in the 4 days that I'd taken it. I actually only had the equivalent of 3 days worth but it was just over a 4 day span due to the fact that I only had 2 of the 3 doses on the first day. And boy let me tell you! Not only did that medicine wipe out any bug that was in me, it also KICKED MY BUTT!!! That stuff is vicious and geesh I hope I never have to take it again!! It made me so sick to my stomach that by the last two days of taking it I couldn't really eat or drink much at all! (and we all know that that is sooo not like Karisa!) :) It also gave me headaches and made me want to sleep or at least lay down ALL THE TIME and it leaves a horrible taste in my mouth that made me even sicker than I already was. That taste is still there a little too. It made so anytime I tried to drink, especially water, I couldn't because of the taste it gave me. So, all that to say, FLAGYL is VERY STRONG and is not something that I hope to ever need again!

So this morning I actually woke up feeling quite well! I know that God has healed and is healing me and I'm so thankful to Him! I realized, through a dream I had and talking with some peeps of mine that this was more than just a physical sickness. This was an attack of the enemy, I know it! And the dream I had made me believe it was more an attack on Andrew and Iris and their ministry than it was directly me. I just happened to be "included" in on it because I'm here and helping. So all that to say, OUR GOD HAS THE VICTORY!! He is way bigger than Satan and he is in control! God has our backs.....he has His children's backs and to know that is so helpful! It didn't make the actual sickness any easier to take but it does make me feel better and safe knowing that my God is bigger and is in control! This was just another lesson for me that I need to continue to claim His victory over my life and over situations, like this, that arise in life! One thing that I once heard, that I will never forget, is the fact that Satan cannot hear our every thought. Sure he can put thoughts into our mind but that doesn't mean he can hear every thought that we think. So, when we are rebuking him and telling him that his place is beneath us we CANNOT just think it in our minds! We have to speak it out in order for him to hear us! When we speak the name Jesus Christ to him, he trembles and WILL fall away! He doesn't have the victory but we know who does! And we need to tell him that. We need to make him know that WE know who has the victory, Jesus Christ!

So, enough with my "preaching". :) I just wanted to share with you what I've been reminded of through these last days. I need to be prepared for these attacks, but even when I am caught off guard, I need to be ready in the knowledge of who I am and who God is and who I am IN HIM! I'm so thankful that God gives me time and time again to practice what He has continually been teaching me! Thank you Jesus!...........but that also doesn't mean that I want to have this bout of sickness again, anytime soon, or EVER!

You can help me pray, if you'd like, that I would stay completely healthy for the rest of my time here, so that I can best serve the Bornman's and that I wouldn't worry about things that I could possibly be "picking up", health wise. Worry has become more in the forefront for me in these weeks............but that's another blog that I already have in my mind...........you'll just have to wait until tomorrow. I know you're excited!!!! :) Until then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better.
Will say an extra prayer for you.

Karisa said...

Thanks so much! I really appreciate it! How are you? :)